Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN Backups - shedules

2003-06-17 16:46:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Backups - shedules
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:46:18 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33511.80698120

NB 3.4.2, Solaris 8

A test RMAN backup isn't running like I want. It is using
the 'Default-Policy' schedule for all spawned jobs.  I tried adding:
  send 'NB_ORA_CLASS=RMAN_HOT_PROD_FULL, NB_ORA_SCHED=RMAN_HOT';
to the RMAN script but I am now getting error 240 saying it isn't
a valid schedule type. This particular schedule is a type 'Automatic
Full Backup'.  So I have created a THIRD schedule of type
'Backup Policy' and changed to send command to reference this new
schedule.  Now RMAN has started getting ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup
returned error and ORA-19511. Basically RMAN cant write the files
because it can't establish the link.  I believe this has something to
do with the schedule since immediately fter removing the RMAN send
command altogether this problem has disappeared. Now I am back to
square one.  From what I have read the Default-Policy is required to be
in an Oracle class, but yet in this case the Retention level is not
acceptable and the default-policy cannot be modified.  Is it possible
to run the RMAN backups the way I am trying or shall I modify my own
approach.  Thanks for any and all input.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33511.80698120

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RMAN Backups - shedules</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>NB 3.4.2, Solaris 8</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>A test RMAN backup isn't running like I want. It is using</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>the 'Default-Policy' schedule for all spawned jobs.&nbsp; I
tried adding:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp; send 'NB_ORA_CLASS=RMAN_HOT_PROD_FULL,
NB_ORA_SCHED=RMAN_HOT';</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>to the RMAN script but I am now getting error 240 saying it
isn't</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>a valid schedule type. This particular schedule is a type
'Automatic</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Full Backup'.&nbsp; So I have created a THIRD schedule of
type</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>'Backup Policy' and changed to send command to reference this
new</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>schedule.&nbsp; Now RMAN has started getting ORA-27028:
skgfqcre: sbtbackup</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>returned error and ORA-19511. Basically RMAN cant write the
files </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>because it can't establish the link.&nbsp; I believe this has
something to </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>do with the schedule since immediately fter removing the RMAN
send</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>command altogether this problem has disappeared. Now I am back
to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>square one.&nbsp; From what I have read the Default-Policy is
required to be</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>in an Oracle class, but yet in this case the Retention level
is not</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>acceptable and the default-policy cannot be modified.&nbsp; Is
it possible</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>to run the RMAN backups the way I am trying or shall I modify
my own </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>approach.&nbsp; Thanks for any and all input.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>