Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpcd connection issue

2003-06-17 10:59:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpcd connection issue
From: paul.esson AT redstor DOT com (Paul Esson)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:59:55 +0100
Folks,

I have a very particular problem on a W2K Media Server running 341_4A.
The bpsched process on the Master Server (UNIX Solaris 2.6) cannot
connect to the bpcd process on the Media Server despite the underlying tcp/ip
connectivity being proved okay and the bpcd process listening on the Media
Server.

If I telnet from the Master Server to the Media Server using port 13782 I get
a connection closed by foreign host message and returned to the shell prompt
immediately.
 I have tried all the troubleshooting tests for network connectivity and
confirmed that port
numbers are correct.  I have also tried stopping and starting the W2K NetBackup
services
but still I cannot connect.

My only other thought is a reboot but this is a very busy and high profile
server.

Has anybody seen anything similar?

Regards,

Paul Esson
Senior Support Engineer
Redstor Limited

â??Delivering Value by Reducing the
Cost of Storing and Managing Dataâ??

Direct Dial:    +44 (0) 1224 595381
Fax:            +44 (0) 1224 ******
Mobile:         +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:         paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            http://www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or
otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.