Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Restore - Help

2003-06-16 16:07:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Restore - Help
From: jc AT goo-rooz DOT com (Jennifer C. Green)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:07:37 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_VI82p4elbXFQzRUFcN/Vqg)

In 4.5 there is a way to do a pseudo checkpoint backup and it is in the manual
and you put something in the files list like 'NEW DATA STREAM' ...not sure of
syntax but it breaks up the backup into jobs and you are able to restart a
failed job.  In the next release there will be true checkpoint restart
capability for backup and restore enabling you to start a job where it left off
if you have that feature turned on.

But in the case of past tense the only way to get back any data from a failed
job is to tar it off tape, NBU does not keep partial backups in its image db.