Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing tape's volume group

2003-06-12 12:01:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing tape's volume group
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:01:32 -0600
The vmchange command will allow you to change a volume group on an existing
tape.  The thing that's not offically possible is changing a volume pool.

Remember, though, volume groups are supposed to track physical location.
You should have a VG for each location your tape may be: in library, on a
shelf, offsite, etc.

-M

Change a volume's group

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange [-h volume_database_host] -new_v
     volume_group [-m media_id |-b barcode -mt media_type -rt robot_type]