Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OpenVMS

2003-06-12 09:41:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OpenVMS
From: VPeeters AT comsys DOT lu (Peeters Vincent)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:41:17 +0200
Hi everybody ......

About OpenVMS and NetBackup ..... definitively YES, an openvms client exist
for NBU and it works fine .....

First little problem : on the worldwide Veritas site, you will not find a
lot of documents indeed :( ..... the rare
informations talk about a client 3.2 GA (even in the official price list).

So I invite you to see on the Veritas EMEA ftp site .... I believe that it's
Veritas UK that is responsible for this particular
client

ftp.emea.support.veritas.com/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_OpenVMS and
there you will find all necessary bulshit :)

if you have a NBUDC 3.2 or 3.4.1, take the last 3.x client .... install
first nbu_v3_4_5_GA.zip and follow with the patch
nbu_v3_4_6_GA.zip .... you can install also nbu_v3_4_helplib.bck to have the
man online. (within the zip file you will find
a .bck file ..... it's a openvms standard backup file that you can
uncompress)

Download the last pdf file for the admin guide ..... it will be very usefull
to install the stuff ..... this pdf is valid for all version of
the openvms client

For NBUDC 4.5 GA or 4.5 FP3 download and install nbu_v4_5_GA.zip (there are
a lot of little cosmetic and shitty bugs) and
after the last patch nbu_v4_5_MP4.zip (the best for me, near no more bugs).

I'm not a big OpenVMS expert but it's not really hard to install .... follow
the guide :)

With the last patch all is working and I have the good performance with the
gigabit ethernet card on the Compaq G160 cluster
(the second node is on a DRP site at more than 40 Km)

Vincent
Storage Project Manager