Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault question

2003-06-10 15:28:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault question
From: dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
This may be a faq but i can't seem to find the faq

I'm using netbackup business server 4.5 on all solaris 8 computers. My
tape unit is a sun L9 autoloader which has an hp ultrium LTO tape drive
and 9 100gb tapes.

I'm starting to run out of space, and I want to copy my application at a
point in time to a single tape to ensure that it won't be expired. The
images I need are on different tapes.

Is it possible to vault individual backup images? Is vaulting even the
correct term?

--Dave

Dave Lowenstein
Programmer/Analyst