Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude lists

2003-06-10 14:33:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude lists
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:33:25 -0500
I believe that you can use the "!" as an exclude indication in the
files list.  (definitely works with bprestore, not 100% certain that
it applies to bpbackup)

e.g.

/mountpt
!/mountpt/oradata

At 2:15 PM -0400 6/10/03, Greenberg, Katherine A wrote:
Is there any way to do an exclude list for a user directed backup?

Here is the situation:

I have 2 servers that are backed up via a 3rd party scheduler.
These 2 servers are Oracle servers and I need to exclude
/mounpointA/oradata and backup /mountpointB/orabackup.
The 3rd party scheduler runs a bpbackup command that calls a specific
file list.
The filesystems are (for the most part) broken out with the Oracle
data being on filesystems  1-40 and Oracle backups being on 41-60.

The issue is that some of the oradata filesystems have things other
than just oradata there ...
/mountpt/oradata
/mountpt/test

test would need to be backed up, where oradata would need to be excluded.

So, the question is... Can I do an exclude list for a user backup? Or
do I need to explicitly state "/mountpt/test" in the files to backup
list associated with the user backup?

TIA and sorry if this is hard to follow...

~Kate

Katherine Greenberg
Systems Engineer
Mid-Range Storage Management
Aetna, Inc.
bensonka AT aetna DOT com
860.636.6724

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you
think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by
reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.  Aetna