Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Relate images to job information

2003-06-05 16:39:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Relate images to job information
From: stafforj AT core.afcc DOT com (Johnie Stafford)
Date: 05 Jun 2003 15:39:24 -0500
Is there any way to relate the bpimmedia output to the bpdbjobs
output?

For DR purposes, I've got to generate a list of media used to backup
our servers. The list has to include all the tapes back 2 full
backups in case there is a tape problem with the most recent full.

Because we have some servers with multiple terabytes of space, we
split their full backups over multiple classes spanning many days, so
determining when a full happens is somewhat problematic. Other servers
are backed up with the 'ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES' directive and therefore a
single full backup is really 40 or 50 separate full backups. The only
way that I think I can get the data I need is to track each filesystem
separately. bpimmedia will tell me which media each image is using,
but I can't find a way to relate that back to the bpdbjobs information
about which filesystem an image is backing up.

Any suggestions? (other than Vault, that's not an option for us at
this time)

Johnie