Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excluded files for NT clients

2003-05-29 15:43:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excluded files for NT clients
From: spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us (Spearman, David)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:43:40 -0400
Mark,

Here are some common exclusions in the NT\2000 world

C:\winnt\*.tmp
C:\winnt\system32\perfdata*.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\
Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat

You should also exclude open database files if any (hopefully your dba's
are exporting to a flat file or you have an agent). These might include
things like

E:\Oracle\oradat\*.*
Or
G:\MSMQ\MQSQL7.SRV\DATA

Being a windows weenie I always use the gui.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va