Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter Maintenance question

2003-05-27 18:18:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter Maintenance question
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:18:39 -0600
I need to apply patches to NetBackup DataCenter to get it up-to-date and also
to support Linux Red Hat Advanced Server.  Currently I look in /usr/openv/patch
and see files for VrtsNB_45_1*.  I'm guessing that means I've  got MP1
installed.  I would like to install MP4.  Do I need to install MP2 and MP3
first or are they cumulative?  I don't see pre-requisites for them in the doc
for MP4.  I guess I'm really looking for documenation on how the patch
maintenance works for this product.  I also see there are Feature Packs as
well.   When would I want to implement one of those?

>                       Cheryl King
>                       Systems Administrator II
>                       Intrado Inc.
>                       1601 Dry Creek Road
>                       Longmont, CO  80503-6493
>                       direct: 720.864.5162
>                       fax: 303.419.1052
>                       email: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com
>
>                       Intrado. Informed Response.TM
>                       <www.intrado.com>

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at (720) 494-5800 and destroy
all copies of this message and any attachments.