Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbkar unix process(es) chewing up cpu

2003-05-26 17:48:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbkar unix process(es) chewing up cpu
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:48:09 -0600
As I said to wayne in a direct email we encountered this on some of our hp
11 systems. It was usually on a system with millions of little files (5-6).
Timeouts were occurring and the process was left hanging then another would
start for try 2, 3 etc. This would tie up the cpu quite well. We just run a
script to check for more than one bpbkar script and kill the extras. Not
pretty but it works.