Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB4.5 Datacenter bad? tape problem + L700 cleaning

2003-05-25 09:10:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB4.5 Datacenter bad? tape problem + L700 cleaning
From: rafamiga AT uucp.polbox DOT pl (rafal wiosna)
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:10:54 +0200
* Len Boyle wrote:

> Are you sharing the tape drives using netbackup's sso option. A problem
> with the sso setup, is one method of seeing this problem. Just think of a
> media server A writting on a tape and media server B issuing a rewind.
> After the rewind, the next write by media server A to the tape will
> overwrite the tape label.

        Nope. It's just one mediaserver. But I suspect bp.killall -- it used
to work flawlessly but now does not kill all the processes. I used it
several times before I rebooted the machine today. Is there any possibility
that two MMs run at the same time?

rafal wiosna * ¦wiat Internet S.A. * Polbox * In ARP we trust * AR164 V6TB
RAFD-RIPE * Dom som surfar på nättet, får leka med musen * PGPID: 3CDCB7A9