Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ATL bake-off. STK vs. IBM

2003-05-21 11:24:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ATL bake-off. STK vs. IBM
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:24:12 -0500
--=_alternative 00549F7F86256D2D_=

just an fyi on the L700e, ACS is required when you take advantage of the
"e" and chain two together.

if you use the library originally as a TLH library and then want to add
the second library, you'll have to change everything around in NetBackup
(and add an ACSLS server or their Windows equivalent to your environment)
to make the library an ACS library (which may also effect some of your
scripts... commands like vmchange, etc. are not the same for all robot
types).

also, if you have 2 power supplies/pdus the drives do not take advantage
of the redundant power.  if you lose a power source, power supply, etc.
the robotics will remain up, but you'll lose any tape drives that were on
that power source.  if you look behind the power supply/pdu, the drive is
plugged in to one pdu or the other.  there is no way to make it work off
of both.  that's why STK sells it as a second power supply that is
required with over 10 drives, not a redundant power supply.

- Scott

Steve M <steve AT warning DOT ca>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
05/20/2003 11:27 AM