Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Many questions on netbackup (3.4)

2003-05-21 08:55:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Many questions on netbackup (3.4)
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 06:55:52 -0600
TIR backups are part of the base package.  A lot of us don't use it because
it increases load on the client & database size.  Basically it tracks
deletions & other OS functions (inode changes that don't alter mtime value)
and will avoid restoring files that were deleted during the restore window
(avoids restoring too much).

Overwrite on restore is simply a yes/no flag.  If a file exists during a
restore, regardless of timestamp, it will either be skipped or clobbered
depending on the Overwrite selection.  There is no "restore if newer only"
option.

-M