Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ATL bake-off. STK vs. IBM

2003-05-20 12:27:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ATL bake-off. STK vs. IBM
From: steve AT warning DOT ca (Steve M)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:27:04 -0400 (EDT)
We're in the middle of getting ready to phase out our current DLT system
and move into LTO-2 using either the StorageTek L700E library with IBM
LTO-2 drives or the IBM 3584 L-32 and an additional D-32 also using the
IBM LTO-2 drives.

Both seem to be great products and its been tough choosing one over the
other.

Im looking for any ( positive or negative ) feedback on both products from
people who actually have either of these units.

Feel free to reply off-list and depending on the amount of info I get
back, I will provide a summary to the list.

Thanks.