Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5, patched, fails to recognize robot in Sony LIB-162

2003-05-15 19:49:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5, patched, fails to recognize robot in Sony LIB-162
From: kovar AT kealia DOT com (David C. Kovar)
Date: 15 May 2003 16:49:48 -0700
Good evening,

I have a fresh install of NetBackup Business Server on a RedHat 7.3/Dell
system attached to a Sony LIB-162 tape library with a robot and one
drive.

The device detection wizard finds the drive and the robot but says that
the robot has too many slots, too many drives, and isn't recognized. It
also thinks that the drive is an 8mm drive.

I downloaded what I thought were all the appropriate patches and the
problem persists.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

-David

--
David C. Kovar <kovar AT kealia DOT com>