Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help me, Obi-Wan. You are our only hope.

2003-05-14 11:53:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help me, Obi-Wan. You are our only hope.
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:53:07 -0600
Depending on what you want, 90% of vault is something you can write
yourself.  The exception is the pretty GUI and inline tape copy (included in
base-level v5.0, though!).

Here's my eject_pool script.  You inspired me to allow robot numbers to be
supplied so I just added the logic in response to your email.

Usage is: eject_pool [-l robnum] poolname

It's got a lot of extra logic to verify the poolname & such since it was
made with operators in mind.

The eject_tapes script, called at the end of this to actually move the tapes
out, is very complex in my environment because I allow eject requests to
queue if there's no available mailslots - you probably have an eject script
already but if you don't let me know & I'll post that.

Just call me Hercules...

-M

#!/bin/ksh
TMP=/tmp/`basename $0`.$$
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/volmgr/bin:/usr/openv/local
if [ -z "$1" ]
then
  echo "Usage: `basename $0` [-l robnum] poolname"
else
  #Cmd-line processing
  robnum=""
  if [ "$1" = "-l" ]
  then
    #robot number supplied
    shift
    robnum=$1
    shift
  fi
  poolname=$1
  /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -listall -b|awk 'NR>2 {print $1}' >$TMP
  trap 'echo "Cleanup";[ -f $TMP ] && rm $TMP;exit' 1 2 3 4 15
  if [ `grep -c "^${poolname}$" $TMP` -ne 1 ]
  then
    echo "## Poolname incorrect.  Please choose from the list:"
    sort $TMP
  else
    echo "## Checking pool count"
    if [ -z "$robnum" ]
    then
      vmquery -w -a|awk '$8!="-" && $12=="'$poolname'" {print $1}'>$TMP
    else
      vmquery -w -a|awk '$8=="'$robnum'" && $12=="'$poolname'" {print
$1}'>$TMP
    fi
    pool_count=`wc -l $TMP | awk '{print $1}'`
    if [ $pool_count -eq 0 ]
    then
      if [ -z "$robnum" ]
      then
        echo "## There are no robotic tapes in \"$poolname\" to eject."
      else
        echo "## There are no tapes in robot $robnum in \"$poolname\" to
eject."
      fi
    else
      echo "## There are $pool_count robotic tapes in tape pool
\"$poolname\"."

      #Good to go - sort, cut the CR's, & eject them
      eject_tapes `sort -n $TMP | tr '\012' ' '`
    fi
  fi
fi
[ -f $TMP ] && rm $TMP