Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to exclude the /System_State/* stuff from NBU 4.5 Winders backups....

2003-05-14 11:46:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to exclude the /System_State/* stuff from NBU 4.5 Winders backups....
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:46:07 -0500
--=_alternative 0056A02486256D26_=

First of all, I'll start by stating that Excludes and Includes will, at
least in theory, slow down your backups, especially a large number of them
like you're using.

Instead of a file list that was ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, Excluding all drives
(A:\, B:\...) and then Including just what you want (C:\My Documents...),
you could put just what you want in the file list to start with... unless
you are doing this a lot and the file lists are all different and you
don't want a large number of classes (one for each different file list).
However, Excludes/Includes on so many hosts is not the easiest thing to
manage (and can be changed from the host, which makes it a little less
reliable), so you may find that dealing with all those classes is actually
easier.

Secondly, on your Exclude if you continue to do it this way, instead of
A:\, B:\, C:\... you could just use *:\ (or at least you're supposed to be
able to do this... never actually tried it)

Now to answer your question, if you add System_Sate:\ to your Exclude it
should exclude the Sytem State... (make sure you capitalize the S's and
include the : or :\ or it will not work unless you're MP3 or higher.  MP3
and higher using just system_state should work also)

- Scott

Christopher Jay Manders <CJManders AT lbl DOT gov>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
05/14/2003 09:13 AM