Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Trying to list devices from the command line

2003-05-11 19:34:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Trying to list devices from the command line
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:34:51 -0500
--=_alternative 008189C786256D23_=

tpconfig is what you're probably looking for, but it only works locally.

if you want to do the same thing remotely, use "vmoprcmd -h <media server>
-devconfig" and then add whatever options you would've added to tpconfig.
for example "vmoprcmd -h host1 -devconfig -d".

- Scott

"Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
05/09/2003 02:05 PM

        To:     "'MOYES-CLARK,SHANNON (HP-FtCollins,ex1)'" <shannonm AT hp DOT
com>,
"'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [Veritas-bu] Trying to list devices from the
command line

Tape devices are not assigned to storage units directly, only robot
numbers.
The tape devices are actively selected when the storage unit is used.  You
can only limit the number of tapes drives as compared to the drive count
in
the robot (use 3 of 4 possible drives, for example).

You can get storage unit information from bpstulist.  You can get drive &
robot information from tpconfig.

HTH - Mark