Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas HP-UX/Unix Agent & OmniBack II Coexisting

2003-05-05 17:55:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas HP-UX/Unix Agent & OmniBack II Coexisting
From: SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 15:55:10 -0600

--=_EAB56FD7.10713BF8

To those who know far much more about this than I .. thanks in advance.

Without getting into the architectural reasons why, we have the
following requirements.

1. We wish to maintain direct attached tape storage and backups on a
HP-UX system version 11 using OmniBack II version 3.50

and we also would like to

2. Install a Veritas agent or client for HP-UX and run "speciality"
backups to a remote media server off-schedule from when OmniBack backups
are preformed.

Could this be as simple as installing the Veritas Unix agent on the
HP-UX system and managing your backup schedules so they do not
conflict?

Scott J.

--=_EAB56FD7.10713BF8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1169" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>To those who know far much more about this than I&nbsp;.. thanks in
advance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Without getting into the architectural reasons why, we have the following
requirements.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1. We wish to maintain direct attached tape storage and backups on a HP-UX
system version 11 using OmniBack II version 3.50</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>and we also would like to</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2. Install a Veritas agent or client for HP-UX and run "speciality"
backups
to a remote media server off-schedule from when&nbsp;OmniBack backups are
preformed.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Could this be as simple as installing the Veritas Unix agent on the HP-UX
system and managing your backup schedules so they do not conflict?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Scott J.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_EAB56FD7.10713BF8--