Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NetBackup and a Private Network

2003-05-01 02:54:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NetBackup and a Private Network
From: jv711 AT yahoo DOT com (JV)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:54:09 -0700 (PDT)
Rob,

Windows or unix? The docs say "REQUIRED NETWORK INTERFACE" in bp.conf
can force traffic thru a named interface but snoop tells me the ACKs
are still going out on the public network. By forcing the
master/media servers to only know each other thru the private
interface (mod /etc/hosts on both sides) was the only way I could get
100% of the traffic thru the private network.

Next client I'll try `route add` commands to mod the routing tables
instead.

And, if your hostname doesn't match what's in bp.conf it'll all fail.

JV

I have a question for you ...

We are implementing a private network.  How can I get NetBackup
configured to use it properly?

<snip>

How do I configure NetBackup to use the private (non-routed) network
for the media servers and the public network for all else?