Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas and date stamps on backuped up files...

2003-04-29 15:15:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas and date stamps on backuped up files...
From: edward.dubrovsky AT cgi DOT com (Edward Dubrovsky/CGI)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:15:54 -0400
Hello everyone,

We are running 4.5MP3 on solaris with a few win2k media servers. When I
browse files to restore from a certain date I see the file was backed up at
10:12PM but the modification time on the file is 10:35.

Now, every file in that set has the backup time of 10:12PM which is earlier
then the modification time and to top all this off, I know that due to the
size of the files, that there is certainly no way all files could have been
backed up at the same minute....:)

So, I guess that time stamp is when the backup started, can someone please
confirm this?

Further, does anyone know what will happen if veritas starts backing up a
file which changes in the middle of the backup, would it still consider the
backup as successful?

Thanks!

Ed Dubrovsky.