Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT Media Server - Drive Problem

2003-04-25 22:56:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT Media Server - Drive Problem
From: smohr AT ctsinc DOT net (Sean Mohr)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:56:21 -0400
I hate to say this

But in my experience, every time I try to share the same drive or set of
drives between Windows and Unix Servers on a SAN I run into the same
problems.  I have a friend who works with Brocade and he sees the same
Issue a lot.  He suspects there are some driver compatibility problems
between Sun and Windows talking to the same drive(s) on a SAN.  I as a
rule try to zone these drives between the Unix and Windows environments
when  possible in SSO environments .

I am curious to know if any else has seen this type of issue and has
found a workaround other than zoning your library into there respective
UNIX and windows environments.

Good Luck

Sean R Mohr
CTS Prof. Services