Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running SSO for both Netbackup 4.5 and Backup Exec

2003-04-07 10:45:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running SSO for both Netbackup 4.5 and Backup Exec
From: gthuber AT matcmadison DOT edu (Gary Huber)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:45:00 -0500
I am interested in hearing from anyone with experience using SSO with both
NetBackup and Backup Exec's together to access the same tape library.

We are backing up several Windows 2000 servers ( 2 gig HBA)  using NetBackup
4.5 Shared storage option and writing to a HP StorageWorks MSL 5026 Tape
library with 4 tape drives.  I would also like to take advantage of backing up
some NetWare servers (with HBAs) using Backup Exec 9.0 - SSO and writing to the
same tape library system.  I believe I need to dedicated which slots to assign
to Netbackup and which slots to assign to Backup Exec.  I realize I will also
have separate catalogs with this configuration.  Hoping someone can share any
tips or best practices with doing this.

Thanks in advance,

Gary