Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [Veritas-bu]nonroot access & jnbSA busted

2003-04-04 13:29:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [Veritas-bu]nonroot access & jnbSA busted
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:29:39 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Marijan --

Upgrading network and desktop hardware is not feasible at this time.
My desktop and that of 10 other people are all on a 10mb network and
very few of the desktop systems have more than 256MB of memory (and
I've discovered that MY desktop might actually be the most strapped at
128MB; I've actually been able to order more memory for my desktop but
until it arrives, I'll only use the blasted GUI when I absolutely need to).

One of the nice features of the Java gui has been the non-root administration.
I don't like it as well the Motif gui's of previous versions because
it's a resource pig and a pain-in-multiple-parts-of-the-body to setup.
I wish Veritas had focused on truly improving NetBackup's performance
instead of giving us a cosmetic pain.