Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [Veritas-bu]nonroot access & jnbSA busted

2003-04-03 21:13:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [Veritas-bu]nonroot access & jnbSA busted
From: marijan AT defcen.gov DOT au (Marijan Rupcic)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 12:13:24 +1000
Kathy

I hate the Java gui too. However, if you're running it on the server but
displaying it back to a workstation, it may be worthwhile to check your
network performance to the workstation.

We were running it on a V880 solaris server with 4 GB of memory and
displaying back to an Ultra-5 with 128M memory. The performance of jnbSA
was abysmal.

However, when the NIC on the Ultra-5 was upgraded from 10mbs to 100mbs
the performance became almost acceptable.

Marijan