Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Shared Storage Option - Netware Targets?

2003-04-03 11:19:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Shared Storage Option - Netware Targets?
From: gthuber AT matcmadison DOT edu (Gary Huber)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:19:34 -0600
Hello,

I am new to this list and am hoping someone has a successful workaround
to using NetBackup 4.5 (DataCenter) to backup Novel NetWare target s(NW
5.1 & 6.0) containing HBA cards

My understanding is the Shared Storage Option for NetWare is not
available with NetBackup 4.5.  I heard that a possible workaround is to
purchase the Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 Shared Storage for NetWare  and the
Library Expansion Options to utilize the HBA card.

We are currently running NetBackup 4.5 MP3 - DataCenter on a Windows
2000 advance server using dual 2 gig HBA cards on the Window 2000 Media
& client servers for tape & EVA.   We are currently backing up a limited
number of NetWare servers over the wire until  we find a way to utilize
the fibre.

The Tape library is a HP StorageWorks MSL5026 with HP 2402 Network
Storage Routers.  We have 16 port (2-gig) fibre switches and have set up
separate zones for tape, EVA and NetWare.

Thanks,

Gary