Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving a media server to a new machine

2003-03-26 14:56:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving a media server to a new machine
From: Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:56:34 -0800
--=_alternative 006D81CE88256CF5_=

All,

I am looking for a little guidance on a project.  We are moving one of our
media servers to a new box, it is going from NT4 to Win2K, it is going to
be in a SAN solution with a shared drive configuration.  There is a
powervault 136T with 3 LTO drives that are currently in our old SAN and we
are attempting to configure the drives to be setup so it sees both SANs at
the same time.  When all is done and said the new media server will have
the same name and IP address as the old media server.  When we go to
production, I was wondering if I could install Netbackup, and restore the
catalog and go from there.  Never attempted this, so please any and all
information that you could give me would be appreciated.

Steve
--=_alternative 006D81CE88256CF5_=

project. &nbsp;We are moving one of our media servers to a new box, it is going
from NT4 to Win2K, it is going to be in a SAN solution with a shared drive
configuration. &nbsp;There is a powervault 136T with 3 LTO drives that are
currently in our old SAN and we are attempting to configure the drives to be
setup so it sees both SANs at the same time. &nbsp;When all is done and said
the new media server will have the same name and IP address as the old media
server. &nbsp;When we go to production, I was wondering if I could install
Netbackup, and restore the catalog and go from there. &nbsp;Never attempted
this, so please any and all information that you could give me would be
appreciated.</font>
--=_alternative 006D81CE88256CF5_=--