Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HELP! Data lost for good? (short version)

2003-03-27 10:59:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HELP! Data lost for good? (short version)
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:59:01 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F479.C8C32E90

If their previous data tapes have been overwritten, you're simply out of
luck.  If the data tapes weren't yet overwritten you could've imported them
& recovered.

Once written over, how possibly do they think their old data is recoverable?
They seem to think that you can peel the new layer off to reveal the old
layer.

You might contact a data recovery company to be sure - folks like the NSA &
FBI can sometimes recover previously written data that's been overwritten on
hard drives by scanning for residual information but if it's at all
possible, and I doubt it, it's going to be major $$ to recover.

-M