Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HELP! Data lost for good? (short version)

2003-03-27 06:58:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HELP! Data lost for good? (short version)
From: Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com (Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:58:04 -0500
<Short version>

Folks,

We have a client who would like us to recover their data

The retention period was set for three months

In January, we were requested to recover August

We examined the tapes and found that they were overwritten

We informed the client and we were told that it was unacceptable and that
they did not believe that we could not retrieve the data

They said that they want to try the recovery themselves

What do you think?

(The "detailed version" is more informative)

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
SunGard Resources Group
SunGard eSourcing