Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Progress monitor says 5 tapes are needed ...but only reads from one. what up with that?

2003-03-26 17:53:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Progress monitor says 5 tapes are needed ...but only reads from one. what up with that?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:53:16 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F3EA.7D14B0C0

This seems to be a quirk of the restore process.  It seems to do a quick
inventory of the images needed for the restore, then references all the
tapes that contain those images at the beginning of the restore with a "5
tapes will be required" type of message.

It then starts to restore, and if it finishes the restore list before it
needs the other tapes, it just quits.  It should log a friendly "I guess I
didn't need the other tapes after all" message but it doesn't.

-M