Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup posting: restore time rule of thumb confirmatio n from others...

2003-03-25 18:04:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup posting: restore time rule of thumb confirmatio n from others...
From: james.c.siano AT lmco DOT com (Siano, James C)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:04:34 -0500
Hello.

I've got a partition on an NT server that is taking over 2.5 days to
restore.   If a partition takes 20 hours to backup
should the rule of thumb of backup hours * 2 be taken into consideration?

I can go into all the glorious configuration details; but looking to verify
the rule from other's real world experiences.

I was always under the impression that the backup function is optimized more
so than the restoration process.

Thanks