Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Pool question

2003-03-25 04:51:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Pool question
From: Andreas.Hohmann AT diwega DOT ch (Andreas Hohmann)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:51:05 +0100
Hello

Environment:    nbu 4.5 (mp3) on w2k

I backup two ndmp hosts (Procom NetForce 3600) that have one sdlt drive each.
The drives are in one  library that is controlled by the w2k master server.

I defined one volume pool for both ndmp hosts to share. However when I start
backups the following happens: The first ndmp system loads a tape into the
drive and starts backup. The second system tries to load the same tape and
eventually the second job fails with error 83.

I can get around this problem by just defining a second volume pool, i.e. one
pool for each system. However I'm pretty sure that I did such configurations
before where two or more systems were sharing one common volume pool.

Are there people backing up two or more ndmp systems with just one volume pool
configured for all the systems?

Thanks & regards

Andreas Hohmann

Diwega GmbH