Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] master server crashed

2003-03-24 11:23:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] master server crashed
From: ebarlow AT usatoday DOT com (Barlow, Eliott)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:23:32 -0500
This is not true all your images will be intact on server Y.  The catch 22 is
that to do backups, all of your clients will have to configured for the new
Master.  First install Netbackup on Server Y and run the bprecover just note
the destination_host is where the new server name will be plugged in.
The bprecover command that I would use:

bprecover -r ALL -m media_ID -d density [-stdout] [-dhost <destination_host>]

I have done this in the past to recover Exchange in a test environment and the
master had a different name, and it worked.

Have you called Veritas Support on this yet???