Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 windows admin console

2003-03-21 09:59:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 windows admin console
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:59:21 -0800
Two places to look.

Fire up a local Java console (if possible) and go to Host Properties ->
Master Server -> Properties.

Make sure the machine you want to monitor *from* is listed under
'servers'.

Make sure the user you are trying to access with is under
'Authorization'.

What I had to do at our shop, is do the 'custom' install of the
WinAdConsole, and instead of 'use default system account', I put in a
real user (this is between a Win Admin and our Unix Master Server, so
your mileage may vary).

Also, it wouldn't hurt to add IP's of each box into your hosts file,
just to make sure that the names resolve correctly.

HTH,

-dd

>>> "Dan Chrastil" <dchrastil AT bcbsga DOT com> 03/21/03 03:24AM >>>
I have been fighting with this windows admin console at home for a
week
now and am not sure what is going on here.  Trying to monitor working
from home and I keep getting the below error when starting the
console.

Neither the selected host "xxx" has netbackup operating nor the
current
user "xxx" or host have
netbackup administrator privileges on the host "xxx".
1.  Make sure the user has privileges on the host.
2.  Make sure the current host is listed in the destination host's
server list.
3.  Make sure there is a valid network connection.
4.  Check authentication.
5.  Make sure all the services are running on the host.

Has anyone run into this?  How can I correct this.  The master has
netbackup running and I have put my computer name in the bp.conf file.
I also have a valid network connection to the server.

thanks