Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How many tapes are needed per week?

2003-03-20 09:23:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How many tapes are needed per week?
From: Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com (Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:23:54 -0500
Yes...It does give me a count of all media used...

What I am looking for is a count of tapes that were needed to be added to
the ATL in order
to avoid a Status 96 (unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit
has none available)

The tapes were needed to be added as a result of:

Tapes being full
Tapes expiring
Tapes with problems
etc

How many new tapes did the operator need to load into the ATL for that
client last week?

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
SunGard Resources Group
SunGard eSourcing
Voorhees, NJ
Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com

                      "Donaldson, Mark"

                      <Mark.Donaldson@experianems.        To:       "Donaldson,
Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com>,
                      com>                                 "'Dave.Zarnoch AT
sungard DOT com'" <Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com>,
                      Sent by:                             "'veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                      veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng        cc:

                      .auburn.edu                         Subject:  RE:
[Veritas-bu] How many tapes are needed per week?

                      03/20/2003 08:57 AM

*Sigh*

Not enough coffee yet.  You posted this command in your original note.

How is this command not meeting your needs?  It'll give you a count of all
media used over the past week - do you need a further breakdown or perhaps
GB counts?

-M