Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] SCRATCH problem]

2003-03-20 05:27:26
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] SCRATCH problem]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:27:26 +0100
Hi Darek,

Try the following:
>From Media and Device Management do the following

1) Delete all media in your "SCRATCH" poool
2) Delete your "SCRATCH" pool (may be you cannot, if so go to #3)
3) Go to /usr/openv/volmgr and edit vm.conf
If you have a line with:

SCRATCH_POOL = "NAME _FOR_YOUR_SCRATCH_POOL" delete it
4) Now delete "SCRATCH" pool, from Media and Device Management
5) recreate again your vm.conf file with a new
SCRATCH_POOL = "NAME _FOR_YOUR_SCRATCH_POOL" line

Do an inventory on your robot using the options
update volume configuration and
"Update options" Volume pool = "NAME _FOR_YOUR_SCRATCH_POOL"

Now you can start your backups again

Javier González
DATASEC Software GmbH
www.datasec.ch