Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SCRATCH problem

2003-03-20 04:42:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SCRATCH problem
From: Dariusz.Klar AT Sun DOT COM (Dariusz Klar)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:42:55 +0100
Hi folks,

ENV:
NetBackup 4.5 DC MP3 with SSO on Solaris 8 sparc

I have a lot of tapes in my scratch pool (verified by Java GUI,
Windows Administration Console, vmquery command and
available_media script). Unfortunatelly, backups fails
with status "96 unable to allocate new media for
backup". If I create new unused pool (e.g. test_1) and
move all tapes from scratch to that pool, next move them
back to the scratch pool, everything seems to be OK.
Than backup jobs can see tapes in scratch pool and
all jobs are successful.

QUESTION:
Can someone tell me why NetBackup can see tapes
in SCRATCH pool but unable to use them ?

regards,

Darek