Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] report wich media_id was used for each backup class

2003-03-17 22:58:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] report wich media_id was used for each backup class
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:58:32 -0600
Just off the top of my head, this is what I would do using Mark's example.

I would tape the bpimagelist info with a -l (raw output)

I would then parse the BID (which contains the client name up to the _ ) and
the media ID.

I would then echo all of that into a file (client, BID, Media ID), sort -u
on the client name and display your results.

Its not pretty but it gives you what you want I think.

You will have a listing of clients, images and what media ID they were
backed up on.

someone want to check my logic on this, I'm going to bed now...

ciao

David

David A. Chapa
DataStaff, Inc.