Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sgscan not displaying the drive list

2003-03-14 12:38:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sgscan not displaying the drive list
From: mhickey AT glasshousetech DOT com (Mark Hickey)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:38:16 -0500
Another problem that might be biting you is not having *the right* targets
defined.  If (as is the best practice) you use persistent bindings on the
qlogic cards to ensure that the drives map to the same devices on reboot, then
you need to make sure that the st.conf and sg.conf contain entries for the
target that you specified when doing the binding.

The point is that it does you no good to specify LUNs 0-5 on targets 0-9 if the
persistent binding specified by the adapter card says the tape will be at
target 10.

I have some additional info I can share if you poke around and this seems to be
your problem.

Mark Hickey
Senior Technology Consultant
Glasshouse Technologies Inc.