Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] patching 4.5 NT/W2k with MS-SQL

2003-03-13 13:48:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] patching 4.5 NT/W2k with MS-SQL
From: mhickey AT glasshousetech DOT com (Mark Hickey)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:48:14 -0500
Hate to tell you this, but the answer  (for Oracle anyway) is yes.  The
database agent replaces a library that Oracle loads with one that contains api
calls to Netbackup for media management, etc.  So if the database is running
when the patch is installed, you won't be running with the new version of the
library.

Note that on UNIX, the regular MP patches only affect the base client; all the
option packages have their own patch streams.  On Winfroze, all the patches are
generally packed in one patch (similar to the distribution CD setup).

   Mark