Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup NetApp With Win2K NBU Server

2003-03-13 13:46:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup NetApp With Win2K NBU Server
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:46:48 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Chris Madden wrote:

> 3) Backup via the client.  This setup means that you are backing up the
> files from the perspective of the client that has the NetApp mounted.  So in
> your case I'd think you'd put in the NB filelist the mounted drive letters
> of the NetApp.  In this case this checkbox you speak of doesn't matter since
> you are explicitly telling NB what you want to backup.  Keep in mind that
> the NetBackup Client service on the Windows box must run as a domain userid
> that has access to the share otherwise when NB goes to read the files it'll
> fail because the local system account doesn't have network access rights.

Thanks Chris.  This option 3 is what I'm trying to accomplish.  I map a
drive to the NetApp share and try to back it up by setting the path
directive as the mapped drive (eg. L:\) on the client machine.  When I
launch the backup, activity monitor shows that it goes through the motions
of mounting and positioning the tape and ends with the error "none of the
files in the file list exist(71)".

I checked the Client service, and changed it to log on using a domain
admin account, with the same results.  It was the local system account
previously.

Any other ideas?  Anyone?

Thanks,
Ron.