Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] integrate shell script into netbackup policy schedule

2003-03-13 08:52:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] integrate shell script into netbackup policy schedule
From: navadeepan AT yahoo.co DOT uk (navadeepan sithambaram)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:52:01 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
There is a way around for ur pbm. U can use
bpstart_notify & bpend_notify scripts to do any task
before and after netbackup execution.
In the Unix client create ,
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpstart_notify.<policyname>.<schdulename>
file and write the script in this file. like stopping
the oracle..etc.
again create a file
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpend_notify.<policyname>.<schdulename>
file and write the script to start the oracle after
backup completeion.
Netbackup checks for this file & execute this script &
if the status of this execution is success , then it
starts the backup.regardless of the status of backup,
it executes the bpend scripts also.
Hope this helps

Regds
Navadeepan
 --- "Feroz F. Basir" <dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com> wrote: > Hi
all,