Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robot scsi path for attached library

2003-03-13 07:11:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robot scsi path for attached library
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:11:30 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E959.28CB1356

This is the first non-acs install I have ever done, and there is a part I am
not sure about. In running the /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig utility on a
Solaris server, I am at the point where I have already identified it as a Tape
Library DLT (it is a STK 9710 library w/ DLT7000 drives).

My question is, when it is asking me for the robots scsi path, what exactly is
it expecting to see there, and what is the best Solaris uutility to run to find
out what the path is?

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E959.28CB1356

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Robot scsi path for attached library</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>This is the first non-acs install I have ever done, =
and there is a part I am not sure about. In running the =
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig utility on a Solaris server, I am at the =
point where I have already identified it as a Tape Library DLT (it is a =
STK 9710 library w/ DLT7000 drives).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My question is, when it is asking me for the robots =
scsi path, what exactly is it expecting to see there, and what is the =
best Solaris uutility to run to find out what the path is?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta</FONT>
</P>