Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Datacenter versus TSM

2003-03-13 05:44:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Datacenter versus TSM
From: Colin.Smith AT motorola DOT com (Smith Colin-WCCS07)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:44:42 -0000

Well, our company is migrating from TSM to Netbackup Datacenter. As someone
who's used both, ADSM/TSM is years ahead of Netbackup. I'd go back in a second.
Netbackup gives me the impression of having been cobbled together from bits and
pieces. The proverbial ball of mud system.

I now find myself in the unfortunate position of trying to script round the
limitations which it seems to have accreted. I'm not saying TSM is perfect, not
by a long chalk, but it is an enterprise class product.

--
Colin Smith