Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to reassign a volume

2003-03-12 11:57:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to reassign a volume
From: vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com (vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:57:01 -0600
David
Thank you for your response.I issued the command below but it looks like
netbackup didnt like my syntax.

vmquery -assignbyid 000071  DLT  1

I was not sure if i needed to put in the status too but i did put a status
of 0x0 though I am not sure what it means. I left the assign time blank.But
the command seems to fail . I figured out the pool number from a different
media by issuing a vmquery -m <mediaid> command.

However a vmquery -m 000071 still gives me information about the media
that i wanted to reassign w.o its contents being overwritten.Does this mean
that this media has not been deassigned but just expired because of the
command that i used (bpexpdate -d  0   -m  000071 ) thinking that it would
deassign the media.I just noticed that vmquery  has a flag to even deassign
media and I used the bpexpdate -d .... command as per the instructions in
the Media Manager Admin Guide.

Thanks for all your help

     Vallish  S .Anantha
     Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
     Infrastructure Team
     Dallas Accelerated Delivery Center
     Direct : 214-303-7510  Cell :469-877-4557
     Pager :800-431-5081
     CGEYComm: 3682626
     vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com

                      "David A. Chapa"

                      <david AT datastaff DOT com>                To:
<vallish.s.anantha AT us.cgeyc DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
                      Sent by:                             cc:

                      veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng         Subject: RE:
[Veritas-bu] How to reassign a volume
                      .auburn.edu

                      03/12/2003 10:27 AM

yes.