Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Datacenter versus TSM

2003-03-12 11:48:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Datacenter versus TSM
From: stafforj AT core.afcc DOT com (Johnie Stafford)
Date: 12 Mar 2003 10:48:47 -0600
>>> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:19:28 -0600, "David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff
>>> DOT com> said:

 dc> Having said that...there are some very cool things about TSM.
 dc> The coolest thing is that is caches backup to disk before
 dc> streaming to tape...or should I say SCREAM to tape.  This is
 dc> something that I would love to see VERITAS do, but I think I have
 dc> an idea that will achieve the same thing without having VERITAS'
 dc> code being changed.

Aw come on David, you can't leave us hanging like that! What's your
idea?

Johnie