Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script for backup results?

2003-03-11 09:19:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script for backup results?
From: Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com (Dave.Zarnoch AT sungard DOT com)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:19:32 -0500
Folks,

I have had the task of constructing a report at 6AM that includes
all backup failures

I have been contemplating creating a script that:

Checks the status for failed backups that are eventually successful

(e.g.) If a failure occurs, (e.g.) with a status of 96 (no tape available)
but, is successful
later, DO NOT log the failure

(e.g.) If a failure occurs, (e.g.) with a status of 41 (network time out)
but, is successful
later, DO NOT log the failure

Checks the status of failed backups that are not successful

(e.g.) If a failure occurs, (e.g.) with a status of 96 (no tape available)
and is not resolved,
log the failure

Instead of "reinventing the wheel", I was wondering if someone has already
done this

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
SunGard Resources Group