Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to set up Unix test environment

2003-03-10 09:57:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to set up Unix test environment
From: stephen.j.darragh AT baesystems DOT com (Darragh, Stephen J)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:57:04 -0500
Greetings

I would like to set up a test server both to test how we would upgrade 3.4.1
to 4.5 and also to help test new feature and service packs before we put
them into production.

We run Solaris 8 and HP-UX 11.11 for our master servers (at multiple
campuses) with NetBackup Datacenter 3.4.1

I would like to be able to make our veritasTest host look like any of our
master servers (meaning I would like to move the master servers database,
classes, client lists.....) to the test machine so when I do
patches/updates, I can see what should happen to the production system.

I remember from past postings that I can't just move /usr/openv/netbackup/db
to our test machine, but would like to hear what other people are doing to
create test environments.

Thanks, and if people respond directly, I will post a summary

Stephen Darragh