Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware OTM and status 41

2003-03-07 15:53:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware OTM and status 41
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:53:35 -0500
I agree, it's a pain in the butt. Noone really supports netware very
well, and this includes Veritas.
You can try the following, though:
Increase the initial cache size and max cache. Try doubling the
default.
Set the error control to retry otm.
Set individual drive snapshots.
Try setting the File browse timeout higher. I have some of my clients
set as high as 1800 seconds.
Good Luck, but what I've done on most of ourt netware servers is turn
otm off. It's not supported on netware 6, btw, according to the last I
heard from V. support.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Tim McMurphy" <Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com> 3/7/03 2:29:58 PM >>>
OTM is an ongoing issue period! I am turning it off on new installs
here for
WinXX as well. It isn't worth the hassle and doesn't do what it claims
(or at least half as well as the brochures say :)